Hand Painted Jesus Christ Orthodox Icon of CHRIST PANTOCRATOR Materials: Natural Pigments, MDF Wood Board, 24K Gold Leaf, Varnish Size of the Icon: A4 11.7x8.3 inches/ 29,7x21 cm, Thickness 1 inch/ 2.5 cm. Technique: Egg Tempera technique, Hand Painted History of the icon...strong> The face of Christ Pantocrator is represented in all the great monasteries of Orthodoxy. On Mount Athos, the icon of Christ Pantocrator is found in almost every monastery representing different hagiographic schools since the early 13th century. The Pantocrator is largely an Eastern Orthodox or Eastern Catholic theological concept. It is a specific representation of Christ. Pantocrator or Pantokrator, literally ruler of all, but usually translated as "almighty" or "all-powerful". The icon of Christ Pantocrator, housed in the Holy Monastery of Vatopedi, was painted in the 14th century and belongs to a group of rare Byzantine icons that have as a special feature the intense gaze that seems to be directed towards His inner world and thoughts. Technical details:
• Icon painted in a Romanian Orthodox monastery by Nun Petronia;The uniqueness of an icon:
• Excellence quality hand-painted icon;
• Natural pigments;
• 24K gilded and varnished;
• Icon painted on MDF Wood Board.
• Christ has a cruciform halo inscribed with the letters Ο Ω Ν, meaning ” He who is”Need further information? If you have any questions, please, do not hesitate to contact me, I'll be glad to answer them.
• The name of Christ is written on each side of the halo, as IC and XC
• Christ’s gaze is very intense but calm