Hand Painted Russian Orthodox Virgin Mary Icon OUR LADY Of DON, painted in Romania, by Orthodox iconographer Iuliana Materials: Natural Pigments, a Lime-tree Wood Board, 24K Gold Leaf, Varnish Size of the Icon: A4 11.7x8.3 inches/ 29,7x21 cm, Thickness 1 inch/ 2.5 cm. Technique: ...Egg Tempera technique, Hand Painted History of the icon Orthodox icons have always been famous throughout the world. Icons were and still are in the home of the believer, they stand in a prominent place and protect their owner. The icon of the Mother of God is one of the most popular icons. The icon was painted in the 14th century by Theophanes the Greek, but the origin of the icon and the exact date of its creation are disputed. shows a composition from Eleusa. It is a type of depiction of the Virgin Mary in icons, where the Child Jesus is nestled against her cheek. The Book of the Donskoy Monastery says that Our Lady of the Don was a gift from the Don Cossacks to Dmitry Donskoy the day before the Battle of Kulikovo (1380). The icon is widely known for its numerous miracles and has repeatedly brought victory to the Russian warriors, for example, thanks to her they won against the Khans of Kazan, and also made a successful campaign to Polotsk. You can see some letters in the picture. They also have their meaning. The letters MP OY mean Meter Theou - "Mother of God". The letters IC XC N mean "Jesus Christ conquers". Technical details:
• Icon painted by Romanian iconographer Iuliana;The uniqueness of an icon:
• Excellence quality hand-painted icon;
• Natural pigments;
• 24K gilded and varnished;
• Icon painted on a Lime-tree Wood Board.
• One of the main miracles performed is the salvation of the capital of Russia from the attacks of the Crimean Tatars;Need further information? If you have any questions, please, do not hesitate to contact me, I'll be glad to answer them.
• You can pray to the Virgin Mary for anything, such as health and healing from various ailments (both physical and mental); protection from enemies, natural disasters, and other adversities; restoration of justice and return of good name; advice and help in a difficult life situation, whatever it may be; deliverance from depression and melancholy, strengthening of the spirit and faith in the Lord.